Stateside is working with a client recruiting for a key position to establish and manage sales, marketing and operations in the US. The role of Business Development Director will be a pivotal role in the global growth strategy and offers the right candidate an excellent opportunity. Our client is a progressive European medical device company establishing a subsidiary in the US. Our client is best known for innovative orthopedic splints and brace products which they aim to provide to clinics, hospitals and sports medicine. Any interested candidates can send their resume in confidence to: email@example.com. Please reference BDD2012 in the subject line of your email.
• Establish and manage the US entity and to commercialize the company’s portfolio of orthopedic products.
• Proactively drive and build a dynamic profitable company
• Lead the sales team and all business development activities in North America.
• Strategically position the board’s US objectives and input on policies and strategy
• Key decision maker on influence policies and strategy in this area.
• Select and manage distributors
• Represent the company at all levels in the US.
• Leverage and expand network in the orthopedic and healthcare world to establish key relationships
• Formulate and direct sales strategy
• Recruit regional and national key distributors, independent reps and agents.
• Develop and Manage sales team and key account managers
• Manage Marketing, Customer Services, E-commerce PR and communications.
• Responsible for US P&L
• Set up appropriate IT and CRM systems to match the company’s rapid growth transformation.
• Proven medical sales experience ideally in orthopedics.
• Orthopedic categorical experience both in-house and in-field.
• Need for a well respected orthopedic network ideally with Sports Medicine background.
• Durable Medical Equipment (DME) categorical knowledge and experience with reimbursement
• Minimum 10 years post qualification experience in management and sales and marketing roles particularly in companies facing hospitals and clinics. This will ideally be a good mix of hands-on experience working in start-ups and small/medium sized enterprises in the healthcare/medical device industry with a minimum of 5 years direct field sales experience.
Location: East Coast TBD
Salary & Benefits: Competitive Salary and Bonus package to include share options for performance and results