Senior Market Advisor: International Sales and Partnering: Software
About our client:
Enterprise Ireland is an agency of the Irish Government. It is a seed and venture capital investor that provides a wide range of developmental services to Irish client companies to enable them to accelerate growth in world markets.
Location: Manhattan, New York
Compensation: $106,352 plus comprehensive benefits
Contract Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: All candidates must be eligible to work in the USA
Travel Required: Yes both within the US and Ireland
This exciting role is aimed at supporting Irish companies that are seeking to enter and develop their business within the US market. The successful candidate will be required to initiate and implement a range of sales and marketing led activities, utilising their consultancy skills and contact base, to identify opportunities for Irish client companies to achieve sales and exports in the US. This position will support the market entry and development plans for a portfolio of software companies in the following sub-sectors: Telecom; Travel; Enterprise and Digital media. This will include the development of an extensive network of potential target buyers of Irish company solutions. While NY-based this role will require knowledge and experience of the wider US market.
- Deliver a quantified target of export gains for the assigned portfolio based on the targets set down for America’s team.
- Establish an extensive network of contacts at a senior level in buying organisations, positioning Enterprise Ireland as a conduit to world-class goods and services that can be sourced in Ireland.
- Provide in-depth market opportunity reviews for key clients, advising them as to the scale of the potential opportunity relative to other markets and providing recommendations for execution
- Identify challenge points for client market entry and using a toolkit of Go To Market supports developed by Enterprise Ireland, enabling the client to overcome these challenges and most efficiently access market opportunities.
- Input into the Global Sector Strategy and the Enterprise Ireland Startup initiatives, translating client challenges observed in the market into actionable recommendations.
- Build relationships with key relevant high impact and priority clients who are seeking to develop sales in America and to agree on key deliverables by EI in accelerating their sales plan.
- Proactively identify for each client, new sales opportunities in America, to advise clients on how they can best position themselves to win these contracts and to accompany key clients at every level of their sales process until such time as they can credibly address sales opportunities independently of Enterprise Ireland with a locally deployed sales resource.
- Develop expertise in key sectors of the market where Enterprise Ireland clients have substantial capability and to proactively share this information with key clients in each sector.
- Take a lead and active role in the development of a clear message and value proposition for Irish client companies, in support of their sales activities in the region. Support the exploitation of identified opportunities through the provision of in-market support and the identification of strategic in-market partners. Assist and support clients to turn opportunities into real sales
- Advise clients on key areas of doing business in America – channels to market, local partners, establishing a presence and recruitment.
- Manage the delivery of market development programmes aimed at accelerating client’s business development.
- Provide internal leadership on US sales and marketing practices.
- Work with Irish based colleagues to engage with clients in collaborative diagnosis of client competencies
- Good understanding and recent commercial experience of the target sectors in the US, with a specific focus on knowledge/understanding of market entry and channel strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate both within teams and across the organisation.
- Business development experience in the United States, relevant to the assigned portfolio.
- Demonstrated ability to direct, mentor and coach team members.
- Understanding the unique challenges in assisting SMEs accelerate their sales, challenging their business plans to help them grow their business.
- Ability to work on own initiative and also to manage projects and people.
- Ability to influence and rapidly build credibility with clients and buyers
- Clear ability to increase in-market delivery capability through the identification and management of 3rd party collaborators.
- Ability to represent Enterprise Ireland to external stakeholders and media.
- Direct experience or knowledge of the procurement practices of blue chip organisations within the target sectors, advising clients accordingly to help make informed decisions.
Application and Selection Process:
The selection process may include short-listing of candidates. The selection criteria will be based on the requirements of the position. It is, therefore, important that you provide a detailed and accurate account of where you believe your skills and experience meet the requirements for the position. This should be contained in a short document (maximum 2 pages) accompanying your CV.
To apply for the position, please send a detailed Resume and supporting document quoting reference number EI.117.16 to Mary.Rodgers@statesidesolutions.com to be received no later than 5.00pm on 18th January 2017. Interviews will take place on Monday 23rd January. Please direct any enquiries relating to the position to Mary.Rodgers@Statesidesolutions.com.No direct emails to client permitted. All applicants will receive acknowledgement of the application within 48 hours.